Friday, September 02, 2005

Waves of Mojave Red

Lookie lookie! My first attempts at plying!

You're viewing 70g (about 2.5 ounces) of hand spun yarn - sadly it's not 70g continuous....I had a small issue after plying 50g and the yarn broke

:(

Fiber Content: 100% fine merino from Ashland Bay (purchased through Fantasy Fibers at the Black Sheep Gathering)
Colorway: Mojave
Spindle: Mielke Emily Spindle

As you might be able to tell, I tend to spin rather finely - I probably should have put in a coin or something for reference...

Gratuitous close up....aren't the colors lovely? The hanks are currently having a soak to set the twist...I'll hang em to dry, then coil em for a proper photo.

In any case, the total yardage is just over 116 yards (106 meters) - with the larger 50g hank having 79 yards (72.5 meters) and the smaller 20g hank having the rest (almost 37 yards/34 meters)

No comments: