Thursday, April 07, 2005

Soft Packages of Fun!

Not only do I have a thing for handbags, I also love little pouches that I can hide little surprises in. This little bag was knit for Amy's Birthday - inside, I hid a package of tasty caramel treats from Holland - Stroopwafels!

Pattern: adapted from Last Minute Knitted Gifts

Yarn Used: Bernat CottonTots in Grape Berry

Comments: As you can see, I was taking care of my cable fix while knitting this bag - there's a matching one on the back. New technique learned: 3-needle bind off! The CottonTots was easy to knit, and the fabric was nice and soft. I will note that when the bag is open, it flares a lot at the top - but when drawn shut, it makes for a very attractive ruffle. While I like the three-needle bindoff just fine, I'm also partial to totally seamless (in appearance) bags - I might do up another with a flat bottom, picking up the stitches around the edges to do the sides, knitting the bag from the bottom up, rather than top down as described in Last Minute Knitted Gifts.

1 comment:

illanna said...

Wow that came out CUTE! I love the cable, especially! Great job!