Monday, November 20, 2006

Faery Meathead


Knit for the 2006 Meathead Along which had the specific instructions of embellishing to my own liking above the left ear.

Since I have had flowers on the brain of late, and the shape of the hat reminded me of the Elven armour in Lord of the Rings, I decided to embellish it fit for a Faery Queen.


I'm pleased to present Tatiana, a Meathead Hat embellished with hand crochet flowers and curving vine (incidentally, the vine is fixed on the hat, though the flowers can be added or subtracted or shuffled around at will). If I was a faery queen, this is a hat I'd want to wear, as it is a perpetual reminder of spring.


Yarn: Reclaimed handspun super bulky from a sweater, embellished with hand crochet flower pins made from crochet cotton.

Needles: US15

Pattern: by Larissa, to be included in her new book!

Comments: Supereasy, superquick knit. A very welcome break from my current knitting madness :)

Wanna see more Meatheads? Check out the Flickr Collection!

1 comment:

madelinetosh said...

The soft grey next to the bright fun yellows makes for a fresh color combo. I would not have thought of it myself but now that I see the finished product I think it is beautiful.