Sunday, January 24, 2010

More Slippers for the House Elves

Or rather, for the other House Elf :) These are a pair for my husband since the originals didn't fit.
To ensure a proper fit this time, I knitted the wide version, and knit on the foot a bit longer than recommended to accommodate felting shrinkage. They do have a fair bit of stretch to them when they are wet, so they can certainly be stretched to fit, within reason.

I should note, I did have to break into some additional yarn to finish off the toe on one of the slippers - you can't really tell in some lighting because the two colors are very similar in value - in bright light, however, it is obvious that one of the slippers sports a stripy toe.

If you're looking to bring some merriment into someone's life, I personally don't think you could go wrong with a pair of these easy to knit whimsical slippers :D

No comments: